ITALY
Le Marche - Gravel
14 May 2022

Le Marche is located on the eastern side of central Italy, between the Adriatic Sea and the high Apennine mountains. The Adriatic coast is recognized as a mecca of sun and beaches, still untouched by the mass tourism of the Bel Paese.  

Get ready to immerse yourself in the Marche hinterland, full of idyllic landscapes where time seems to have stopped.  

 

The tour will pass from Urbino, where we will stay two nights. It is an idyllic hill town where houses and palaces cluster around steep narrow streets, with misty mountains stretching mysteriously beyond, like the backdrop of a portrait of Leonardo.  

The city is included in the UNESCO heritage list as it attracted some of the most important humanist scholars and artists of the Renaissance, who created an exceptional urban complex of remarkable homogeneity, whose influence extended to the rest of Europe. 

From Urbino we go down towards Pesaro; overlooking the sea and crossed by the Foglia river, it is a seaside resort located between two coastal hills: Monte Ardizio to the east-southeast and Monte San Bartolo to the west-northwest, which gives its name to the Natural Park San Bartolo.  

The tour for you!

About 30% of the itinerary will be on dirt/white roads, so we suggest the use of a Gravel bike with tires that are not too wide. The remaining 70% will be on paved, small and secondary roads.

This tour is suitable for you who are an average rider, with the fitness to ride several days in a row. Mileage will be around 40-50km per day and the average daily elevation will be around 1000-1100mt.

Itinerary

What's included?

4 nights in 4 * and 5 * hotels  

3 dinners  

1 wine tasting  

Urbino guided tour  

1 Yoga session  

Luggage transport between hotels  

Van in tow  

1 representative of Cicliste per case  

1 person of the Bike Escape Experience Staff  

Extra services on request

Single room accommodation: + 270 €

Electric bike rental

Information on accommodation facilities

The first accommodation on our tour will be at Castello di Granarola, historic residence surrounded by nature a stone's throw from the Adriatic Sea. Born with the function of storing grain in caves, today it is reborn as an artistic welcoming place for guests from all over the world.

Then awaits us at  Tenuta Santi Giacomo and Filippo,  18th century village nestled in the hills of the Marche countryside, a stone's throw from Urbino. The estate hosts an organic farm, ready to delight guests' palates with their excellent wine.

The last stop will be in Pesaro,  Victoria Palace,  5-star hotel surrounded by the warmth of the sun and the sea. The structure has been recognized as the second best Italian 5-star hotel by the National Tourist Research Institute.

PRICE

€ 1465.00 per person based on 8 participants, in a double room

Upcoming departures:

May 14, 2022

Registration  

Deadline for registration for the tour April 25, 2022. A deposit of 30% is required at the time of registration. If the registration takes place within 1 month of the departure date, the balance is required.  

For info and reservations: info@bikescapex.com or fill out the form in the " Book " section of the site

BEX may change the itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances. This includes cycling / hiking routes which could be affected by weather or other accessibility issues. We will do our best to maintain the itinerary keeping in mind our quality and safety standards. We thank you for your understanding.

Technical level

Medium-high

Riding

Gravel

Duration

5 days

4 nights

Cost

Price per person

depending on partecipants

1465€: 8 people

+ 270€

Double room

Single room

  • Arrival at the Granarola Castle and accommodation in the rooms;

  • Warm up cycling session in the beautiful San Bartolo Park - 30km session - 630m elevation gain;

  • Aperitif together and dinner included; 

  • 52 km session - 1040 m elevation gain;

  • Bike ride to Tenuta Santi Giacomo e Filippo, Urbino, and wine tasting;

  • Dinner included;

  • 45 km session - 1075 m elevation gain around Urbino;

  • In the afternoon, guided tour of the city of Urbino;

  • Dinner on your own;

  • Morning yoga session;

  • 48 km session - 1170 m elevation gain from Urbino to Pesaro; accomodation at Hotel Palazzo Vittoria;

  • Relax by the sea;

  • Dinner included;

  • Breakfast and end of services;